Arena Conservatories Ltd guarantees the works named on the Contract against faulty materials and workmanship as follows:
- PVCu extrusions and vacuum formed panels are guaranteed not to discolour or degenerate structurally for a period of ten years after installation.
- Hardwood products are guaranteed not to degenerate structurally for a period of ten years provided that the approved stain or painting specification has been correctly maintained.
- Sealed double glazed units are guaranteed not to form condensation within the cavity for a period of up to five years after installation.
- All mechanical parts such as locks, hinges, handles, etc that are subject to wear and tear are guaranteed against malfunction under normal use for a period of up to two years after installation.
- All Heating and Air Conditioning Units such as radiators, electric panel heaters, AC Units etc are guaranteed against malfunction under normal use for a period of up to 12 months after installation.
REMEMBER – the above guarantee is INSURANCE BACKED!
What is an Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG)?
It is a policy issued by an insurance company to the owner of the property to underwrite an original guarantee provided by the installer. It only comes into force if the customer makes a claim on the installer’s guarantee and the installer is no longer trading and therefore not in a position to honour the guarantee.
The insurance company then takes over the ownership of the guarantee and is obliged to honour any bona fide claims made on that guarantee for the remainder of the term subject to the terms of the policy.
Why Do I Need an IBG When The Installer Is Already Giving Me A Guarantee?
Thousands of contractors, large and small, cease to trade each year for a multitude of different reasons. Guarantee periods are mainly 10 years in this industry and much can happen to any business in that time, regardless of current stature. This is particularly true in today’s volatile business environment. If your chosen installer were to cease trading you could be left with faulty goods, a guarantee of absolutely no value and a potential bill of thousands of pounds to rectify your problems.
Eliminate The Risk
This risk is overcome by using an IBG from Q&A National Warranties. Q&A are able to provide a specialist Insurance Backed Guarantee Policy to all Arena customers which protects your Arena company guarantee. This means that, should Arena cease to trade, any bona fide claims under your guarantee will be honoured by the insurer.